Rennie Team Tuesday: Anna Shen
Meet Anna Shen, Rennie & Associates Advisor
Why do you work with Rennie?
I decided to align myself with Rennie because I wanted to surround myself with people who have the same vision as I do. It’s really important to be surrounded by people who encourage you to be better, try harder and aim higher. I’ve always wanted to be a part of something “bigger”, professionally and personally – I chose Rennie because I felt like they could help me get to where I aim to be in my professional career.
What makes you passionate about real estate?
I was involved in Real Estate since I was 20 years old – prior to that I always thought I’d grow up to be a psychologist. The amazing thing about real estate is seeing how many layers there are within this industry; from families needing a place to call home to future community planning.
What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty – I cherish the friends who treat me like I would treat them. If I love you, I will go to the ends of the earth for you – simple.
What do you most value in your colleagues?
Friendship – I think it’s really important to be friends with your colleagues. We spend the majority of our days thinking about work, it’s important to be surrounded by people who also have our best interests at heart. I like to bounce ideas off people, therefore, personally, having colleagues who are more experienced than I am help me learn and grow.
What are the biggest time wasters in your life? What do you do to manage them?
TV – Sometimes it’s nice to sink into the couch and turn off your mind, but most of the time I’m always thinking about how many other ways I can be more productive. I have a running “to-do list” on my iPhone that has tasks added onto it throughout the day; I don’t let myself delete anything until they’re completed.
Procrastination – I have a personality flaw of being either 0 or 100%. I’m either completely disinterested or so eager that everything needs to happen right now, I have no in between. The only solution I have is going after everything I desire and doing everything in my power for success.
Name one or two of your favorite gems (ie. A place, thing, etc.)
I’m a sucker for a good massage and an unreal view in different places all over the world.
Why do you love living in Vancouver?
How lucky are we to walk along the seawall, climb mountains, ski/snowboard, golf and head to a luxurious 5+ star spa, all in one day if we choose!
Tell us about your everyday essentials.
1. iPhone – I’m on my phone all the time. My profession requires me to be accessible and have access to an abundance of information, quickly and efficiently, at all times.
2. Wallet – Can’t get far in this world without money and your ID…
3. My keys – The gateway to all the important places in my life.
4. My laptop – I use my laptop every day for business related purposes.
5. My purse – This holds many important crucial life items…
6. A Good Pair of Heels – A solid pair of heels will make or break your outfit. Personally, I need to look successful to be successful.
7. Carmax – I can’t get through the day unless my lips are moisturized.
8. My folder and pen – I’ve had both of these items since I first started Real Estate… many many years ago…
9. Business Cards – Always need to have a “leave-behind”, you never know who you’re going to meet.
10. My little bundle of joy!