Location: Our offices in Vancouver, BC (Please no remote or re-location applicants)
We are looking for a talented senior level developer that is ready to dive in and work with an intimate in-house team to develop some great technology. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of creating online web applications and is looking for the opportunity to both lead and actively participate in building a new platform. Your strong technical skills are coupled with a passion for creating highly usable applications and a clear understanding of user engagement. We are looking for someone that has both the technical prowess and an understanding of building great consumer experiences online.
You have a passion for adopting new technology and love to release early and release often. Taking an agile approach to development is critical, so we continually gain user feedback and incorporate it into future versions of the platform. Driven by a combination of gut instinct, creative ideas, analytics and user feedback, we’re aiming to improve the way people experience buying and selling real estate.
- Develop and maintain a system architecture for given business requirements
- Choose the appropriate technology stack for the task at hand
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Create and participate in an on-call rotation for incident management
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Manage timelines and deliverables of the team and effectively communicate to key stakeholders
Desired Skills / Experience:
5+ years web development
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert and have strategic influence
- Experience designing and implementing strong and lasting system and data architecture
- 2+ years experience and able to demonstrate expert knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Rspec, Cucumber, ActiveRecord and associated technologies
- Experience with Angular and React would be highly beneficial
- Experience with full lifecycle of product development, validation and deployment
- Experience with API based models – REST, Micro Services, HTTP
- Mobile development knowledge both responsive and native applications
- Knowledge of cloud based deployment is a plus
- Production-level experience with Chef is a nice-to-have
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills; able to work well cross-functionally
- Appropriate Mobile Dev IDEs and testing frameworks; working on Mac, PC or Linux
- Apache Cordova/PhoneGap/Titanium
- Ionic, jQuery Mobile RESTful API
- Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, AngularJS
- Google Analytics/Mixpanel
- Agile/Scrum, Git
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google API integration
The Big Picture:
The Rennie Group has an in-house digital team that works to improve the online experience for home buyers and sellers. This team will conceive and create easy-to-use online tools for our Real Estate Advisors to connect with prospective buyers and sellers and enhance existing communication with clients. Taking a data-driven approach to product design, the team leverages a combination of internal and external resources to get the job done. New ideas are rapidly developed, released and reworked ensuring a current and relevant product is delivered to our customers. We toggle between our own creative ideas and user feedback to find a balanced recipe for success. As a core member of the team, you are tired of status quo experience and want to be part of a group that is not okay with just being good; you expect great. Your personal drive is superseded only by your collaborative team approach, and you are ready to help change an industry. If “wowing” users is one of the things that gets you up in the morning, then this is going to be a great fit for you.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in working for an industry leader alongside an amazing team? Please send resumes / inquiries to email@example.com.
Please indicate ‘Senior Developer’ in the subject line of your email.