Front End Developer
We want to welcome a motivated Front-End Developer who can quickly build trust in forming human-friendly experiences for our existing clients. Someone who has a deep source of technical knowledge in HTML / CSS, with strong experience creating responsive web solutions. We’re looking for someone with a capacity to acquire new skills and frequently seeks out alternative solutions and techniques to enhance what we create.
- Convert designs from PSD/Sketch to HTML & CSS with a focus on responsive web
- Build creative solutions in a range of CMS platforms (Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
- Produce valid, semantic markupExtensive browser testing across multiple browsers/devices and operating systems
- Put users first in every decision you make
- Consider user-experience across multiple devices
- Think through and build to performance and accessibility challenges
- Stay on top of industry trends and techniques and share them with your colleagues
- Test new approaches to understand benefits and determine project fit
- Independently carry out the tone and vision of the design when needed
- Customize bootstrap, foundation or other frameworks for a back-end web application
- Use CSS preprocessors like Sass
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Strong skills in HTML and CSS building cross browser compatibility (including Sass)
- Experience building in a range of Content Management Systems (strong Drupal and/or WordPress experience preferred)
- E-commerce experience is nice to have but not required
- Bonus points for experience with Rails / PHP and working with large and complex content sites (ie. Higher ed, government, large corporations, etc.)
- Good understanding of usability and user-experience best practices
- An understanding of or direct experience with user testing
The Big Picture:
The Rennie Group is building an in-house digital team to innovate and improve the online experience for home buyers and sellers. This team will conceive and create easy-to-use online tools for our Real Estate Advisors to connect with prospective buyers and sellers and enhance existing communication with clients. Taking a data-driven approach to product design the team will leverage a combination of internal and external resources. New ideas will be rapidly developed, released and reworked ensuring a current and relevant product is delivered to our customers. We will toggle between our own creative ideas and user feedback to find a balanced recipe for success. As a core member of the team, you are tired of status quo experience and want to be part of a group that is not okay being just good, you expect Great. Your personal drive is superceded only by your collaborative team approach and you are ready to help change an industry. If “wowing” users is one of the things that gets you up in the morning, then this is going to be a great fit for you.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in working for an industry leader alongside an amazing team? Please send resumes / inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.